Halloween this year is going to be different but that does not mean it cant be special and fun! Here is an easy recipe that you can customize to fit your family and little eaters. Get creative and make it super spooky and fun.
- two 4-ounce semi-sweet chocolate bars (226g), coarsely chopped* ( you can substitute with butterscotch, dark chocolate or vegan melts)
- two 4-ounce white chocolate bars (226g), coarsely chopped*
- festive Halloween candy such as Halloween sprinkles, and Halloween M&Ms*
- crushed goodies (you can use pretzels, chips, cereal or dried fruits)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate. You can melt it in a double boiler or the microwave. If using the microwave: place the chopped chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Melt in 20 second increments in the microwave, stopping and stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth.
- Melt the white chocolate following the same melting process in step 2.
- Pour the melted semi-sweet chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out into a large rectangle (anywhere around 8×12 inches is great). Drizzle the white chocolate mixture on top. Use a knife or a toothpick to swirl the layers together. Decorate the top of the bark with candies or goodies.
- Allow the chocolate to completely set uncovered at room temperature or in the refrigerator, about 45 minutes. Once hardened, break into pieces as large or small as you want.
- Store bark in an airtight container at room temperature in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.