I prefer recipes with fresh and colorful ingredients whenever I can have them. My mother-in-law shared her recipe for a veggie flatbread with me, always an amazing potluck favorite. Now, this veggie flatbread has become my go-to for quick and easy snacking at home. Plus, my kids love it too -- which is a huge win considering it is loaded with vegetables!
- Storebought pastry (We use Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls dough)
- Cream cheese
- Frozen or fresh veggies (peas, corn, broccoli, red bell pepper, green bell pepper)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to the temperature recommended on the pastry package.
- Grease a baking sheet and roll the pastry out into one large rectangular sheet.
- Bake the pastry for the time suggested on the pastry instructions. Once cooked, cool to room temperature.
- While the pastry is baking, chop your veggies into bite-sized bits.
- Spread cream cheese onto the room-temperature pastry.
- Sprinkle with assorted veggies.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Once the veggies are all fully thawed, the flatbread is ready to slice and serve.
MACARONI KID TIP: Use a pizza cutter to easily slice through the snack to share with family and friends. Switch up your veggies to experience a variety of flavor and texture combinations!
Sarah Hauge is the publisher of Macaroni Kid, Englewood, Greenwood Village, Centennial, Colo.