It's been a long winter for some of us in northern climates, but it looks like it's finally spring and time to get ready for outdoor activities.
Here’s part of my spring to-do list to help you get ready for kid-friendly outings.
- Check “spring” jackets and rain coats to see if they fit.
- Check out last year’s rain boots and try them on.
- Locate ball caps and sun hats.
- Spend some time with your kids trying on summer shoes, t-shirts, and shorts to see what fits and what’s ready to donate or hand down to the next kid.
- Start washing wool socks, sweaters, long underwear and other winter clothes.
- Wash and put away snow pants, boots, hats and scarves and pair up mittens for next winter.
- Buy sunscreen. You will need it before you know it.
- Check kids bicycles to make sure tires are inflated.
- Inflate basketballs and soccer balls.
- Check the condition of water gear and toys (if they grew mildew in storage, toss them).
- Inspect swing sets and play systems to make sure they are in good condition.
How are you preparing for spring?